Structuration is the process by which systems are produced and/or reproduced thru members’ use of rules and guidelines.
So, as the Secretary-General of the task force, I say that it is not easy reviving the fair especially because we are the ones setting up the foundation of the Ateneo fair culture. We initially do not have rules and guidelines in establishing it except that we have to consult to the student body, then to the administration and we also have to talk to different offices. Yes, hassle it is.
Along with reviving the college fair tradition, it is not only crucial to create a plausible impact to the community but it is crucial to start a clear backbone of guidelines and rules on how the college fair will operate. Although we certainly will follow the guidelines of the different offices of the Ateneo we will still have to create guidelines on what to do and not to do but more than that we also have to properly create the structure of the fair. I’m not saying that what we are doing right now must also be done for the rest of the fair but at least be able to come up with the guidelines which will serve as the backbone of the fair and will still allow inputs based on the evaluation stage and in the near future. The team is in a way struggling with its internal procedures although the group is okay with doing the project itself.
The Ateneo College Fair Code of Internal Procedures is on progress. Hopefully, it will serve its purpose well for the core team as well as in properly implementing the project. J KTHNXBYE! :D
I couldn't agree more. In order for it to be successful, you really need to have a set of guidelines and rules for everyone to follow. I could only imagine a college fair running without a standardized set of protocols.. it would be chaotic!
ReplyDeleteI think you have a VERY VERY VERY challenging task ahead of you. Since you are trying to revive not only the fair but also the structure of the fair. This traditions was stopped and thus the structure already crumbled. So you guys must once again establish the yearly routines of the fair from scratch. I hope you guys succeed :)
ReplyDeleteI'm really excited for this fair! I can't wait to finally have one at a college level. I know how much effort you put into making this event possible and we all appreciate it. Having Adaptive Structuration as our lesson for the week really helps us in having this consciousness that we do live in a structured society. Being a member with a high position in that certain project makes you a better person by living up to the expectations of people for that specific role. I know you'll do well and I wish you all the best and success!
ReplyDeleteGood luck with that Mark! I'm sure it will be great! It sounds really exciting. I love how you used something personal to talk about structurization. :D The chain of command (and approvals) is really evident - and here I was thinking reserving a venue was a hassle! haha!
ReplyDelete